During your tenancy you may have maintenance that requires urgent action and a trades person will be needed after hours.
Procedures regarding urgent repairs can be found on pages 16 and 7 of your Rights & Duties booklet.
WHAT COUNTS AS URGENT REPAIRS?
An urgent repair is any work necessary to repair or remedy:
CONTACT THE AGENT
- A burst water service
- A blocked or broken lavatory system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by the landlord for water, hot water, cooking, heating or laundry purposes.
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- An appliance, fitting or fixture, provided by the landlord, which is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
- Any fault or damage that makes the rented premises unsafe or insecure
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase in the rented premises
- Any damage of a prescribed class
You must take all reasonable steps to contact Harrington Earl Estate Agents on 9488 1888 or After Hours on 0438 399 673. A manager will return your call to arrange the necessary work as appropriate.BE CAREFUL
You should appreciate that if a fault occurs after hours, these calls are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE
therefore you should be sure that the fault is a real emergency otherwise you may find yourself liable for the difference between the cost of the after hours call repair and the charge for normal working hours call, eg: one broken element on a stove, candle not working in a space heater or a power point that is not dangerous if not used DO NOT CONSTITUTE EMERGENCY REPAIRS.